About the BMA Archives
An important resource for researching the Museum’s history, works of art, and donors who helped build the BMA’s collection, the Archives comprises the BMA’s institutional records and the personal papers of collectors, former staff members, and individuals with a close association to the Museum.
Available to the public Monday–Friday by appointment only. Call 443-573-1778 or e-mail BMALibrary@artbma.org.
- Dr. Claribel and Miss Etta Cone Papers
- Dunton Quilting Collection
- George A. Lucas Papers
- Saidie A. May Papers
- Dr. Henry Barton and Mary Frick Jacobs Papers
- Robert Garrett Papers
- Jacob Epstein Papers
- Alan and Janet Wurtzburger Papers
Institutional records include:
- BMA publications (exhibition catalogues, pamphlets, newsletters, and ephemera)
- Photographs of the Museum buildings, exhibitions, and events
- Lantern slides of architecture in the Chesapeake Bay area and Maryland decorative arts
- Documents relating to the founding of the BMA and the construction of the John Russell Pope building